
I like to think that part of this blog is about showcasing our creativity. Here is a poem I wrote in a fourth year creative writing course (it is titled "a poem"). It was judged fit to include in the 2005 UNBC creative writing anthology SAWDUST. Of the 4 poems of mine that are included in that anthology, I am only happy with this one.
Part of that is because of the positive feedback it received from my fellow students in that class. I remember it being discussed in very positive terms and being blown away by how much people liked it.
Here it is:
a poem
My daughter read me a poem she had written:
with a wally whump wizz
and a rang tangle bang
boon dock scuttletons
and rattle back bugs
muskrats and deerskins
apples and franks
white mounded mumps
and blue copper thistles
dancing dugberries
putter balloons
supper is served
placemats and cups
when I told her it wasn't a poem
she began to cry.
"Why not, dear papa?"
"It doesn't rhyme," I replied.

No comments:
Post a Comment